Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Plum Clafoutis

This time of year the local farmers market has baskets brimming with tiny marble sized plums. These purple beauties always catch my eye...they're so miniature and cute, I just have to buy them! The problem is what to do with my impulse purchase. Last year I found a recipe for plum clafoutis...it was a total flop, my fault completely. So, I knew that this year I wanted to try it again.. a non-floppy one of course. So, I did what I do best....Cook without a recipe...kinda silly for me to write out recipes for you when I hate to follow them myself. Just a guideline (I STILL don't color inside the lines.)

Anyhow, heres the recipe and some pics

I know it kinda looks like pizza, but it isn't.





Non-crappy Plum Clafoutis

Knob of butter
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of cream
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup of sugar
Plums- as many as you need to cover the bottom of your pan in a single layer


Heat oven to 400

wash, half and de-stone plums

In a cast-iron pan, melt the butter Throw in the plums and let them cook for a few minutes. remove from heat.

In a large bowl mix your milk, cream and cornstarch. Stir. Add eggs and sugar. Stir some more. Pour the whole mess over the buttery plums.

put in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Drink some coffee and check your email....

DING!

Breakfast is ready.
Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes.

Scoop some into a bowl or onto a plate and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. that sounds really good. I love plums. Do you have to use a specific kind or whatever we have available will do?

    ReplyDelete