Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BBQ

There are few things in life more spectacular than good barbeque. Tender and juicy, smoky flavours mingling with the sweet spiciness of a good sauce. Falling effortlessly off of the bone.

Thats right Ladies and Gentlemen. I am in love with BBQ. Head over heels.

The day began just as many others before it. We got up WAY too early for a Saturday, courtesy of the children, and I made us some breakfast. Eggs and Sausage.

At 9:30 breakfast was eaten and the dishes were done.

I turned to Nathan and said. "Ok, time to start cooking."

Cooking what." He replied

"Dinner!"

I don't know if he believed me, but I am certain he is no longer shocked my any of my culinary eccentricities.

I fired up the grill, and by 10am the brisket and a whole lot of ribs were on their way to awesometown.





200 degrees over indirect heat, with a plate of woodchips for some smoky flavor.




I admit I was apprehensive cooking this way with a gas BBQ, and not using charcoal, but it worked out well enough!

After 3 hours, I covered the ribs with foil, and started putting bbq sauce on the Brisket. Checking on them every hour or so.

By Dinner at 6, we had a delectable feast of brisket, ribs, baked potatoes, and cornbread.



Gotta Love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment