Monday, May 9, 2011

Pizza!

I was just down in Minnesota this weekend for my sisters baby shower (she looks amazing! She will obviously be thrilled that I am posting her pic here.)

The day before the shower, me and Loch took a trip to the science museum! In hindsight this was not a great idea. he was still tired from the drive, and quite crabby.


After the museum, we went to the Red Balloon Book store, where he chose a book for both himself and his little brother. We then went over to Cooks of Crocus Hill, where I procured some bars of Vosges Haut Chocolat, and Loch picked out some kids cooking supplies. This is probably my favorite cooking store in the cities. Obviously, part of that is because it is on Grand Avenue in St. Paul, but they have great cooking supplies from brands like Emile Henry, and Le Creuset. And hard to find chocolates, salt, vinegars, oils and more!

Afterwards, following the advice of my Brother, we went to Punch Neapolitan Pizza, on Grand Ave.

How had I never gone there before! it was magnificent!



Thy cook the pizza in a 900 degree woodstove for 90 seconds. The result is a perfectly chewy crust; hot cheese covering the landscape of san marzano tomatoes and delectable toppings, a fresh tasting sheen of olive oil tops it all off. Lochlan got the Margherita, and I ordered the Siciliana with prosciutto, artichokes, olives and basil. It was legendary.




Lucky for me, I had a crabby kid, so the experience wasn't quite what it could have been. And we had to skip the trip to Grand Ole Creamery.

Have you been there? You should go!

No comments:

Post a Comment